Updated: Jul 14
TCXPI Young Scholars Enrichment Program serves Oakland youth ages 8-15 years old in the West Oakland and surrounding neighborhoods and schools most impacted by racial disparities/inequities. Those underserved youth who have been disproportionately affected by social, economic, educational, and environmental challenges.
TCXPI YSEP 's mission is to provide culturally relevant and sustaining educational/enrichment opportunities to at-risk/high-potential African American youth to foster positive self-identity, self-love, self-determination, self- pride, self-respect, and self-worth to have a positive impact in their lives and communities.
TCXPI Young Scholars Enrichment Program will incorporate these and more African-centered culturally relevant and sustaining concepts:
* Dr. Carter G Woodson, The Mis Education of the Negro
* Ten Point Program #5
* Ancient KMT Asa Hilliard Cheik Anta Diop
* The Teachings of Ptah Hotep, Dr. Asa G. Hilliard III
* Know thy Self, Love Thy Self Imhotep
* The Nguzo Saba Principles Kiswahili Maulena Karenga Kwanzaa
* The Ubuntu Spirit South Africa Desmond Tutu
* Facilitated Afrocentric, Liberated, and Abolitionist Teachings